- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 May 2015 09:58 06 May 2015
2015 Audition Materials
The 2015 Concert Band and Jazz Band Auditions are just around the corner. Please review all materials and be ready for your audition. Auditions for our Concert Bands occur on Monday, June 1, starting at 4 PM. Jazz Band auditions are submitted via CD and are due in the White Box by 9:00 AM, Wednesday, May 27.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 May 2015 08:14 06 May 2015
Instrumental Music Department Orientation,
May 6, 2015
The Orientation Meeting for Parents of all new and returning band students has been rescheduled for May 6th in the TOHS MPR at 6:00 PM. Please note the date change!
If you plan on being a member of next year's Instrumental Music Department, please fill out our 2015 Survey. We are happy to have you join our program. The information on this questionnaire will be used by the Band Director, Staff and Boosters. Please answer this survey only once. If you need to make modifications after you submit this survey, please contact the Band Office at 495-7491 ext. 6002.
PLEASE NOTE: This questionnaire is for the Instrumental Music Department use only. School registration and course selection must be completed with the TOHS counseling department.
TOHS Band Forms
We have updated many of our forms for next year:
- Field Trip or Excursion Authorization
- Co-Curricular Code of Conduct and Contract
- CVUSD Concussion Management
- Student Transportation Permission Slip
- CVUSD Personal Vehicle Use Form - Required if transporting students for field trips/events
- (A) Band Authorization to Treat
- (BC) CG School Equipment Usage - CG members only
- (BP) Percussion School Instrument/Equipment - Percussionists only
- (BWCB) School Brass/Woodwind Concert Band Instrument Usage Request
- (BWMB)School Brass/Woodwind Marching Band Instrument Usage Request
- (CU) Instrument / Equipment Care and Use - All Members
- (D) Alternate Clothing Order Form
- (E) MB and Concert Attire Information - not CG
- (F) Marching Band Uniform Care Agreement - All Marching Band Members
- (G) CG Uniform Equipment Accessories - CG Members Only
- (K) Corporate Matching Gift Program
- (I) Janss Mall Car Wash Discount Tickets
- Marching Band Uniform Measurements Form -Brass/Woodwind/Percussion Only
- Prior Permission for Absence - as needed
- Post Event Release Form - as needed
- Last Updated on Thursday, 05 February 2015 07:06 05 February 2015
Earn Extra Credit by
Performing Community Service Hours
Every student can earn up to 5% grade credit towards each semester's final grade by performing Service Hours. While in the past, Service Hours were mandatory, they are now optional. See our Service Hours page for details. Download a Service Hours Log.
- Last Updated on Sunday, 14 September 2014 13:17 14 September 2014
This is Your Brain.
This is Your Brain on Music.
National Public Radio recently aired a piece on how the brain is affected by music. The study itself is focused on how children whow grow up in poverty do not have the same neural development when compared to their most afluenet peers. The researchers found that neural development of these children could be improved through music training. It was quite an interesting study. Take a listen to "This is Your Brain. This is your Brain on Music."
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 07:29 09 April 2014
Online Band Remittances
We've updated links for making remittances for the upcoming academic school year including marching band, instrumental music, and color guard. See our Band Donations/Remittances page for details and about remittances and to order "Band Wear" or make a tax-deductible (non-specific) donation to the TOHS Band. Direct links to our Acceptiva remittance site:
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 March 2015 08:32 18 March 2015
Instrumental Music Department Information
Learn everything you want to know about the TOHS Instrumental Music Department program. Do you know where "Band Land" is? This and more can be found on our Instrumental Department Overview or our deparment brochure.
- Lancer Band Program Description (Link is currently offline for revision 3/18/2015. Updates to be posted soon.)
- Band Parent Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (Link is currently offline for revision 2/8/2015. Updates to be posted soon.)
- Last Updated on Monday, 22 April 2013 13:08 22 April 2013
Find the Right Music Instructor
The Thousand Oaks High School Instrumental Music Department encourages all music students to take individual private music instruction to ensure that they reach their full potential. We have many instructors in and around the Conejo Valley for every type of instrument. Check out our list of music instructors.
- Last Updated on Saturday, 19 October 2013 09:26 19 October 2013
Digital Downloads are Here!
You've asked for it, and now you can download your favorite images to you smartphone or tablet. Make your own photo gallery, or maybe you have a digital photo frame. No matter what, now you can download digital copies of images from our bands photo site: http://photos.tohsband.org. For details see our Digital Downloads page.
- Last Updated on Sunday, 19 May 2013 10:05 19 May 2013
TOHS 50th Anniversary Concert Images
Pictures of the 50th Anniversary Concert, including all rehearsals, receptions, individual and group shots, etc., are now online at the band's photo website: http://photos.tohsband.org. Remember, now you can download digital images as well as buy prints.
- Last Updated on Monday, 11 November 2013 07:11 11 November 2013
Booster Meeting schedule
All booster meetings are conducted monthly during the school year. Please check our band calendar for the next scheduled meeting. Booster meetings typically start at 7:00 PM in the TOHS Band Room. Note, no meeting is planned for the month of December.
- Last Updated on Sunday, 28 September 2014 16:03 28 September 2014
A Word About our Sponsors
We have many sponsors this year. Their logos are posted on our equipment trailers and on our website. There is still room to add your logo. Be one of our sponsors and see your company's logo proudly displayed on the side of our equipment trailers. See our sponsors page for details.
In addition, we accept event sponsorships for those who just want to sponsor a single event. See our Events Sponsors page to see who sponsored us at one of our hosted events.
- Last Updated on Monday, 22 April 2013 13:07 22 April 2013
Your Booster Board
If you need to contact a member of the TOHS Band Booster Board, you can find email addresses for most board members on the Boosters Page.